Sunday, May 13, 2012

Update - 50 things


50 THINGS TO DO IN MY 50TH YEAR
 A good start a month into my birthday year , don't you think.



1. Have a meal with Steve and all the kids

Last night the children surprised me  ( literally jumped out as I got back from work.  I even thought my son was in Dover on his way to see his girlfriend) with a meal they all cooked,  Chris did the starter, roast Garlic soup, Gemma the main,  Beef in red wine sauce  with veg and roast potatoes and Heather,  made wheat free bread and a pudding of Lemon tart on poppy seed pastry .  Lots of wine and cocktails and great company and lots of fun.  Also see No 50


2. Try and see a whale

3. See the Angel of the north
Saw this on my actual birthday when we visited Northumberland.  It was more amazing than I thought and on a lovely bright blue day she was magnificent.  We stayed for quiet a while considering how cold it also was. ( I don't do cold very well)


4. Photograph wild flowers - started  
I did get a shot of some bluebells,  I need a lot more though

5. Paint outside ( not the fence)

6. Search for sea glass
On a couple of beautiful beaches in northumberland we sound some amazing glass.

7. Find 50 Art Deco buildings and photograph them - started
 I found some brilliant seaside villas that were so obviously Art Deco. 

8. Swim a mile

9. Walk on a beach at sunset in the UK

10. Sing in public ( not on my own)

11. Make  a sculpture out of found or natural items

12. Pooh sticks

13. Walk up to Glastonbury Tor

14. Paddle in a stream

15.  Go on a picnic

16  Climb something

17. Tea and cake with all the family
 After my birthday meal surprise we were so full we couldn't eat the brilliant Cake I had  ( fireworks and all) so we ate it the next day out in the garden on a sunny Sunday with lots of Tea. 


18.  Spend a day with Gemma           

19.  Spend a day with Heather

20.  Spend a Day with Chris

21.  Walk a dog
We walked 2 year old Lexie on a visit to Plymouth,  but now we have Fin, there will be lots of walks.

22. Find treasure

23. See wonderful stained glass

22. See a David Hockney painting
We visited Salt mills on our roadtrip ( see No 27) up to Northumberland. Fantastic David Hockney works, prints , painting and ipad art,  Fabulous, well worth the visit.

23.  Visit Scotland

24. Try and see the Northern lights

25. Stargaze

26. Dance in the tower Ballroom Blackpool

27. Road trip
My birthday Road trip took us from Somerset to Northumberland,  Via,  the yorkshire sculpture park and Salt Mill.  We had loads of cans, bottles and crisp packets in the back seat of the car ,  so we knew it was a good road trip!

28. Decorate a special cake

29. Do a mosaic

30. Make 50 origami birds and hang them in trees

31. Grow a pineapple

32.  Throw a pot

33. Have a girly night

33. Make a flower arrangement

34. Sparkle

35. Have my engagement and eternity rings repaired

36. Decorate the bedroom

37. Make a daisy chain
 Today after my surprise birthday meal we all took the dogs for a walk and we picked loads of Daisies and I made my daisy chain


38. Get a tattoo

39.  Learn to pick a lock

40. Make myself an item of clothing

41. Have a photo us all.  Not professional
 Fab pictures of us all taken this weekend,  brilliant 



42. Make an album or photo book of the year

43. Do something to raise money for charity
I have been supporting the RNLI in my studio.  I have an artist who is selling a painting in the studio which 50% of the proceeds will go to them.  I also produced a Bear bag which 20% of the proceeds will go to The Five sisters Zoo.  I am hoping to do much more by the end of the year,  but at least I have done something.

44. Candle lit relaxing  bath
In Breakwater Cottage in Seahouses ,  there was a great bath and little tealight candles,  where I indulged myself.

45. Kiss in the rain

46. See a film in the directors lounge

47. Have a butterfly land on my hand

48. Crochet or knit myself a jumper

49. Paint a good picture on an Ipad ( or similar)

50.  Surprise me!!!
 See No 1



38 to go 

No comments:

Post a Comment