Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Working in the studio

So I have had my first couple of weeks in my new studio. Its been amazing better than I ever imagined. Its been lovely and busy at the studio, but I felt it had taken over my life a bit to much. Christmas and the New year was dominated with the opening and just slipped away virtually unnoticed. So when away from the studio, I have made a decision not to turn on the PC so much. I felt it was important to get some perspective back and so instead of getting my online shops back in action. I have been washing, dusting hoovering and sorting out. Finally we seem to have reclaimed our house back and I am trying to spend a little bit more time with the wonderful Mr WD. I am blogging but not sure when I will get back to stocking my internet shops and promoting again.

The studio is fantastic and I love being there so much. I didn't think it could get any better than in my little studio, but I can't tell you how much I LOVE being there. Bookings are coming in well. I have run a few small classes and drop in sessions and it is slowly building. The space is working well and even though I haven't had a full class yet, its been good to see it in action.


This small group, made a composition using objects around the studio and they had to make the tulip the main point of interest. I was pleased with the results and they seemed to learn quite a lot of techniques along the way.


Its been a week of flowers and this was another students work, she wanted to loosen her style up a bit, so we worked on doing some wet on wet painting of poppies. She had sketched some already so we worked from her drawings. There is still some work to do on it, but its a great start.


I have another busy week ahead and I am soo looking forward to it. I do feel I have to pinch myself to believe I am really doing this . My main aim from now on, is to put in as much work as needed to make it a success and pay me a small wage. But I think I also have to reflect on recent events and realise that I do have a life outside the studio and a wonderful husband and home that also need some attention.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work from your class. Know what you mean by not turning on laptop and paying attention to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, looking fantastic, and what great students you have already.
    Sure the wonderful Mr WD understands.

    ReplyDelete