Friday, September 2, 2011

Christmas and double chins

You will be pleased to know (at least I hope so), that my cold is starting to feel better, so I am not quite so miserable. It certainly helped that its been a hot sunny day. This morning I thought I had better try and get some Christmas card designs sorted. I though it would be good to have some at least some in the studio, leading up to christmas. I know its only September but I like to be organised and the printer said he gets very busy soon, so I thought I would get them in as early as I can.
This is the first one I tried. I took in a wooden star and some tinsel to draw and this is what came out.


Then this afternoon it was so sunny and warm, I sat outside and drew my studio. I tried to image what it would be like in the snow. Its not finished yet I'm not quite sure where to go from here, hopefully inspiration will hit tomorrow. I don't know if I will print either yet, I shall see what I come up with in the next few days.

I finally saw my interview in the local paper. It went to all of Clevedon , Nailsea and Portishead but as I live in Weston, I didn't get a copy. Luckily someone thought to bring one in for me today. I have had a phone call about the workshops and several visitors today, who have mentioned they came to the studio, as they saw me in the paper. As the paper gets delivered yesterday , today and tomorrow, I am hoping I will get lots more. Visitors were steady today and a different type of visitor, people who were in much less of a rush and took there time looking and chatting. I suspect its because all the schools round here, went back yesterday.

I tried to copy the article to post on here, but it didn't work, the only way to see it, is to click on this link North somerset Times and forward to page 10. Try not to look at my double chin!!!

I still haven't sorted the dates for my new workshops as the diary was not in today, but we think they will be the 1st October and 29th October.

I have been thinking about whether to have an official opening day. I had intended to, but the month has flown by so quickly, and I don't know if I have left it to late. What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. I think an open day is a great idea. Also wondering when the t-towels will be appearing with the duck and turtle on. They would make fab xmas pressies. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your feeling better, there's something about the sketch of outside your studio looks great as it is, very simple but effective, maybe keep as is & another painted version!!
    Congrats on the article :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! Great that you're getting so many more visitors now you're famous from the newspaper article!

    Love the sketch of your studio and the Christmas card is suitably festive. I think the idea of an official opening day is a great one and it's not too late, better leaving it till you've settled in a bit and the kids are back at school.

    Good luck and as ever, keep us informed!:)

    ReplyDelete