Sunday, February 7, 2010

Buttons and buckles



Having thought about my mums button box I decided to rummage through my own. I have a big oval tin and in it, I found lots of buckles and buttons that are just great. I have had all of these pictured for years but just haven't know what to do with them. I love the green and clear plastic one as it really reminds me of my mum and her 60's/70's fashion. The glass buttons probably came from various places I used to just pick them up from charity shops etc, and I think my MIL gave me some. I just love the ones that are tied together to keep them in pairs, I almost don't want to separate them as they look so good , but I know one day I will.


Then I found the sparkle buckle, it came on the belt of a dress I bought years ago in a charity shop. I wasn't that keen at the time and it had one of the stones missing so I just tossed it into the tin and forgot about it. But now I love it, I m going to look to see if I can find a gem to replace the missing one and then I must think of something to do with it. I think it might look good on a clutch bag, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have a tin of old buttons and buckles like those (but not like your gorgeous sparkly one). Every once in a while I find a use for one - but doubt I'll ever get to the end of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have a rummage though. Thanx for the comment

    ReplyDelete